- Men’s Health on Why I quit my 6 Figure Job
- Seth Godin on On the Road to Mediocrity (and settling)
- Real Estate: Worthwhile reads for anyone contemplating buying
- Patrick.net on the US Housing Crash – Dispels myths around home buying
- I Will Teach You To Be Rich on 5 Articles on Real Estate (scroll down to the section) and on Buying a Million Dollar House with No Research
- New York Times on Is it better to buy or rent?
- Consumer Reports on Your Mortgage, It Rarely Pays to PrePay – Compares loans vs stock market
- Personal MBA on Learning via Self Experimentation
- Someday Syndrome on 7 Ways to rediscover your dreams – Live your passions not your expectations
- Scientific American on The Sound of Passion: Musical training sharpens the ability to sense emotions.
- Someday Syndrome on the Fear Weed in the Garden of Success: Fear can be an insidious little weed that camouflages itself and then chokes out and kills all the plants in your emotional and mental garden. Your fear of making a wrong decision led you away from what your intuition told you was the right choice…
Likewise your fear of upsetting someone can lead to actually upsetting them more and your fear of missing a detail in your actions can lead to not acting at all.
- Zen Habits on Raising a Happy Child: Also applicable to relationships/friendships
Posted in Weekly Reader.
– June 30, 2009